David Thorburn – Wedding Celebrant
As your civil marriage celebrant I understand that every wedding is different and the blend of personalities, hopes and dreams, budgets and family influences make each event special and one of a kind.
I take responsibility for all your legal work, the ceremony (where required) and I’ll unobtrusively guide you through the complete wedding process.
For the wedding ceremony I have a portable amplifier system which is CD, MP3 and iPhone compatible, plus a corded microphone. I use a concealed microphone so I’m hands-free and can be mobile throughout the ceremony.
It is my intention that your wedding day will be a wonderful life long memory.
Don’t Miss the Ferry!
When marrying on Stradbroke Island there are a number of practical considerations:
- People can miss barges and water taxis – things may not function as they do on the mainland so try to be as tolerant as possible.
- Consider sun and glare, tide times, and time of year (heat, cold and glare).
- Because we’re on the beach, take measures to minimise sunburn, and the impact of biting and/or flying insects.
- Tell your guests about access to the wedding site through soft sand, seating arrangements, and/or steps to the beach for the elderly.
- Be as organised as possible with any decorations you need put in place.
- There’s always a chance of disappearing (eroded) beaches, beach debris (and possible odour), wind, and surf noise.